Thursday, October 15, 2009

We're back.

I'm in India for a few months, and I decided on a whim to try polyphasic sleep again while I was here. Everyman3, with sleep scheduled at 4-7, 12, 18, and 23. I wrote a quick schedule here with how long I'll be awake each time so I can see how balanced it is, and an alternate schedule for a friend that works better for him, plus allows me to check up on him.

I got 6 hours of sleep last night in preparation. I was planning on 8 hours but I was kept awake by miliaria (heat rash), and due to my grogginess I think I woke up a bit early during N3 sleep in the morning.

First nap was great. I laid down and almost immediately felt the familiar twinge of losing consciousness. I still have it! I slept from approximately 12:08 to 12:15 (guessing, since I didn't take my eyemask off). I stayed there until the alarm went, and now I don't have the grogginess of this morning.

I'm not as sure about being committed to this attempt as the previous ones because I don't have pressing matters, so we'll see if I'm still enjoying it as much in 3 days. :P

Thu Oct 15 12:53:15 IST 2009

;hunter

No comments: